Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 13:19:36 UTC 2023

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 13:10:04 UTC, Elias wrote:

> To clarify:
> I fail to see the advantage of a webservice that isn’t run by
> the DLF and where the DLF lacks essentials admin permissions is
> any better than the services provided by the forge that also
> hosts the DLF repos already.

Keep in mind that all of our infrastructure was built up by
volunteers with their own accounts on various services. We've had
direct admin access to very little of it. We're in the process of
bringing as much of it as we can under DLF control. So there was
never a question of keeping the current Bugzilla instance
forever. The question was, do we migrate to a new Bugzilla
instance under our control, or to GitHub? We opted for GitHhub.