Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:11:01 UTC 2023

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 13:03:44 UTC, Elias wrote:
> While my original comment about the spam defense issue wasn’t
> directed at you and I’ve been only using your comment as
> reference for my sarcastic remark, I’d like to invite you to
> come to Discord and throw “Gmail” into the search there.
>
> … or actually… I don’t want to bother you with this… so I did
> the busywork for you :)

Oof, this is pretty bad. Each one of these should have been a
prod to reevaluate the situation.

If our direction isn't clarified in the next few days, I'm going
to try removing the ban. Hopefully we won't immediately drown in
spam.

>> Hey Mike, we had somebody get a deny on creating a bugzilla
>> account due to gmail email account

I assume Mike is Mike Parker? Mike, were you getting these?

>> blocking gmail adresses seems like a great idea

Unfortunately, letting the spammers have free reign would have
been much worse :(