Benchmarks - LDC vs GDC

partypooper pythonproof at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 07:47:17 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 27 June 2023 at 09:31:50 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Monday, 26 June 2023 at 20:22:24 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
>>
>> Anyone up for it?
>
> Hi. Every problem from this set of benchmarks has D solution
> https://programming-language-benchmarks.vercel.app/
> It is open-sourced on GitHub. Currently the benchmark run it
> with DMD and LDC (it is lacking GDC because some problems with
> GitHub Actions).
>
> But you can run it locally with very little effort.
> For time measurement I can recommend to use hyperfine tool.
>
> Also GDC and LDC have their special things for vectorizations.
> And maybe Bruce Carneal could share some examples/benchmarks of
> them.

This benchmarks are not trustworthy. A lot of languages modified
by contributors, dlang on the other case are just some meh
translations from other languages by the repository author.

There is https://github.com/kostya/benchmarks which has ldc, gdc
and dmd results and are more or less provided by the community at
least languages like d, rust, zig, c, c++.