Algorithms should be free from rich types

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:44:05 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 27 June 2023 at 21:53:59 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> My mind is not fully clear on this topic yet but some related
> things have been brewing in me for years.
>
> [...]

I have lost count of how many times my life has been made
difficult by the lack of `private`.

I have also lost count of how many times my life has been made
easier by the fact that I ruthlessly declare everything `private`
unless it has good reason not to be.

Ease of refactoring = good, ergo `private` = good and should be
the default.