dub: JSON, SDL, YAML, TOML, what color should we paint it ?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Mar 4 17:53:36 UTC 2023

On 2/28/2023 6:29 AM, Mathias LANG wrote:
> Opinions ?

I don't know much technically about the various formats, but on a non-technical
basis:

1. We win if we go with a well-known, popular format. We are not in the business
of promoting an obscure format or inventing our own. We picked github and git
long ago simply because it was the most popular, and that decision paid off
handsomely for us. As you wrote, it minimizes user friction.

2. We need a quality import/export mechanism for it written in D with an easy
license (preferably Boost).

I'm on board with whatever you choose.