dub: JSON, SDL, YAML, TOML, what color should we paint it ?

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Tue Mar 7 08:17:12 UTC 2023

Am 03.03.2023 um 23:12 schrieb 0xEAB:
> On Friday, 3 March 2023 at 18:44:54 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
>
> If I’m already familiar with JSON in general, DUB’s manual will be all I
> have to worry about.
> If I’m not familiar with neither SDL nor DUB (which is more likely than
> not being familiar with JSON), I’ll end up looking at two manuals.

Literally the only thing that I think is worth looking up in the SDLang
manual is line continuations. Everything else that is needed is already
there in the DUB documentation by simply listing the directive itself.
The value and comment syntax just matches D.

See https://sdlang.org - the examples there contain everything there is
to know, and I think only the basic tag and nesting syntax is what
really distinguishes it from a simple D subset (date/time/binary values,
too, but they are not used by DUB).