eventcore vs boost.asio performance?

ikod igor.khasilev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:19:57 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 07:55:04 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Am 05.03.2023 um 16:14 schrieb zoujiaqing:
>> On Monday, 20 February 2023 at 08:26:23 UTC, Sönke Ludwig
>> wrote:

> In that regard, nbuff should be usable for high-level data
> buffers just fine and although I haven't used it, it sounds
> like a very interesting concept in terms of using range
> interfaces with network data.

There is few simple ideas behind nbuff:

1) all accepted network data are immutable - this allow share
buffers safely
2) usually we get data from network as a chunks of "contiguous
and endless" stream, but actually we interested only in a small
moving forward window of data. So it would be nice to automate
receiving new data chunks, process them in current "window" and
throw safely away as soon as they are processed.

Nbuff manage list of smart pointers to immutable byte buffers to
implement this view on problem.