What's the current status of WASM/WASI support?

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 03:44:21 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 14 March 2023 at 23:45:12 UTC, ChrisG wrote:
> In 2019, there was a blog post that indicated a strong push for
> wasm support was afoot. I've had a hard time pulling together
> information since then. I was curious if anyone has a good
> general perspective on the state of D wasm support. I can't
> tell if it's a mostly dead subject. It looks like betterC
> support is generally there, but I'm not sure about runtime or
> library support. Specifically, I was interested in:
>
> - What's the runtime support story (can I use GC)?
> - What's the phobos support story?
> - Are there alternate general purpose libraries folks have
> settled on for wasm development? (spasm?)
> - Anything about WASI or Emscripten?
>
> Thanks.

Hipreme Engine has been ported to WASM.
There's a way to include the custom runtime I'm using right now.
You can use almost the complete runtime, although it does not
collect. If you're not leaking memory you're fine.

You can check the announcement post here. Just do your part and
in the future we'll be able to have some official D runtime. For
the time being it can work for 90% of the use cases.
https://forum.dlang.org/post/gtmlwwkovmuphrmfgvtf@forum.dlang.org