Is UI interesting for us?

Ikey Doherty ikey at serpentos.com
Sat Mar 25 10:03:29 UTC 2023

Most of the time I've been a backend engineer. However at times I
do need to write an app, and usually I go with Gtk.

However, I'm a bit concerned that gtk-d seems .. well, catatonic.
DWT also appears to be beyond life support.

We all know Rust has iced-rs, which due to the design of Rust has
had to adopt the Elm paradigm.

D, with features that honestly don't need reiterating, could
trivially manage OOP, ECS, mixins...

Is there general interest in UI within the D community? And is
there enough to have our own toolkit, or would we be better
placed to contribute to the likes of gtk-d?

I have a selfish interest in this, hence asking. While spinning a
ui toolkit isn't hard, doing it properly can be (accessibility)