Is UI interesting for us?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Sun Mar 26 13:16:01 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 25 March 2023 at 10:03:29 UTC, Ikey Doherty wrote:
> Is there general interest in UI within the D community? And is
> there enough to have our own toolkit, or would we be better
> placed to contribute to the likes of gtk-d?

There is lots of UI or UI parts in development, and interest too,
but it's the hardest type of library to build (and most valuable).

Two that haven't been mentionned:

* DlangUI: https://github.com/buggins/dlangui, recently revived
   I think there was another fork too with radical changes.

* the new libsoba is planned to replace immediate-mode UI in
Inochi2D: https://github.com/Inochi2D/libsoba with interstingly a
WebGPU backend