Help improve error message

Salih Dincer salihdb at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 04:42:39 UTC 2023

On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 03:31:10 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> ... my complain isn't about UFCS, it's about the error message
> that is misleading when trying to debug a problem in your
> project, the compiler never gives you the hint...

I put signature under what you say! Obviously, UFCS doesn't get
along well with DMD. There is an extra get() function as you will
see below.  This causes the error message [¹] to change
completely.

```d
struct S {}

void main() {
   S s;
   s.get();
}

void get() {}

```
I don't think there can be a sluggish compiler like DMD! It's
bullshit. Definitely it needs to be recoded. It's like a rag bag
all over.

[¹] **onlineapp.d(5): Error: function `onlineapp.get()` is not
callable using**
**argument types `(S)`**
**onlineapp.d(5):        expected 0 argument(s), not 1**

SDB at 79