struct Location size

Commander Zot no at no.no
Thu May 11 09:31:16 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 17:57:17 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 16:09:53 UTC, Commander Zot wrote:
>> how often do you need the _exact_ column? or to rephrase it,
>> wouldn't column divided by 2 or 3 be good enough to figure out
>> where an error happened?
>
> The column is needed in every error message when the option
> `-vcolumns` is activated. It really has to be the right number.
I know that it does that, but is there a reason it has to be the
exact column other than "we specified it to be that way". for
usecase is there for it? because if it's just to print the line
where the error happened, it really doesnt matter if you
start/end one or two chars earlier.

but in case it is needed, then limiting it to 64 is also not an
option.