Til-Lang

Cléber Zavadniak contato at cleber.solutions
Fri May 19 01:20:01 UTC 2023

By the way: things changed a lot in this last year! I used Til as
a basis for a new project: **Now**. It's not intended primarily
as a *language* anymore, but instead as a **tool** for software
developers.

https://code.dlang.org/packages/now/~main

I simplified a lot of stuff, syntax and feature-wise, trying to
stick to the basics, so the tool itself is generally useful --
anything more than that is intended to be supplied by external
packages. And focused on favoring linear composition whenever
possible (giving *pipes* preference over sub-program-execution).

I find it fun to use. And the document format allow me to take
notes in it, with structured-data-whenever-I-feel-it-makes-sense,
like

```toml
[Meeting about Whatever]
date "2023-12-25"
start "12:34"
topic "Whatever"

[Notes]
> I can write strings without quotes in this specific case
- "How nice is that?"
> The above section was a dict, this is a list.

And so on. It's kind of a TOML document, but without
one thousand bazillion equal signs (`=`) all over the
place. :-)

(And this entire document is valid Now syntax, by the way.)

[commands/md]

# $text contains all sections whose title starts with capital
letters.
# Each section is a dict/hashmap.
path "README.md" : write [to.markdown $text]
```

-----

**About Til itself**: I consider it was superseded by Now.