Building the compiler in 2 seconds with `dmd -i`

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 16:13:02 UTC 2023

On 5/19/23 07:28, Adam D Ruppe wrote:

 > dmd -i is heaven. I, without a doubt, place it as the most significant
 > addition to the D ecosystem of the last six years (probably more if I
 > extended the audit)
 >
 > I've deleted so many convoluted builds in favor of it and always seen
wins.

-i is great and I've started with -i in my last project that uses
Makefiles. For now, I went back to manual dependencies by listing all
the modules explicitly. Otherwise, 'make' did not know modifications to
the -i files. I think I will incorporate the -deps switch later.

Of course, this is not a point against -i but I wanted to point out that
dependencies must still be taken care of some other way.

Ali