OT: Short review of an unself "paper" Re: D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Theo Theo at gmail.com
Sun May 21 00:51:35 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 20 May 2023 at 14:39:08 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> Your want to get class private by trolling.
>
> Ali

I'd also like to highlight, the difference between your approach
to the request for class private members within a module, and the
approach of Dennis Korpel, who kept the personal 'stuff' out of
it, and just focused on how it could be done, and not whether it
should be done.

That kind of response by Dennis, is the kind of response that is
'motivating'.

I wish there were more people like Dennis in the D 'community'.

(again, Dennis did not do it because he wanted it, necessarily,
but because he wanted to see how it could be done).

I hope others can follow Dennis's lead.

The constant 'obstructionist approach', personal vitriole
approach, and 'go write a DIP approach', which has come to define
too much of the D forums, and the response of too many in the D
'community', at least for me, is not at all motivating.

If their were a rotating stewardship for D, I'd be voting for
Dennis to be on the next round of stewardship (even if he never
supports class private finding its way into D ;-)