D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Theo Theo at gmail.com
Sun May 21 10:13:11 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 21 May 2023 at 09:13:04 UTC, claptrap wrote:

> What i might be trying to say is that "just do it" is to
> psychology what "stuff falls down" is to physics.

No. I do not at all recommend the Nike theory in regards to the
practice of psychology ;-)

The practice of Psychology must be informed by science and expert
opinion, at all times.

But getting back to D....(which IS the context in which I promote
the Nike theory)

This is why D needs an 'experimental' version.

An experimental version enables the opportunity to demonstrate
the worth of an idea.

Having only a release version just discourages ideas. The bar is
just to high for a release version.

Of course, with only a release version, the Nike theory poses
some risk.

So Nike Theory applied to an Experimental version, is what I
really mean.