OT: Short review of an unself "paper" Re: D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Theo Theo at gmail.com
Sun May 21 23:24:50 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 21 May 2023 at 12:42:50 UTC, claptrap wrote:

> How exactly did Dennis motivate you to help D? You seem
> motivated to post in the forum but little else.

Because he (Dennis) made me interested in the compiler itself, by
showing me how I could have private(this).

Before that, I don't recall ever looking at the compiler source
code.

Now, I have my own 'fork' of the compiler source code, that has
private(this) enabled by default, and also has a number of other
features that I make the compiler do, to work for me (rather than
the other way around).

That's why I'd vote for him. Cause he showed me how to do it
myself, and as a result got me motivated to work out how to make
the compiler work for me.

The current D leaders (and many in these forums) just wanted to
focus on obstruction, and ensuring that the idea could not be
propagated in these forums.

Another reason I'd vote for Dennis, is because he combined
BeerConf and Mario....  ;-)

https://youtu.be/f9RzegZmnUc?t=2580