Feedback on Streams concept, similar to Ranges

Jacob Shtokolov jacob.100205 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 10:49:46 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 18 May 2023 at 16:10:44 UTC, Andrew wrote:
> So maybe I should focus my efforts there? I don't know yet.

There is definitely a need for a good set of functions that are
interchangeable between different file types in Phobos: for
instance, Socket seems to have no such primitive as
File.byChunk(), etc.

So if we can have this kind of functionality somehow compatible
with the built-in `std.algorithm` and specifically for IO, that
would be really cool!

What's your nickname in Discord, BTW? I feel like there are
multiple on-going efforts from different people targeting the
same core concept: the easy-to-use IO operations. Would be nice
to exchange some ideas!