Feedback from the Gripes and Wishes Campaign

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed May 24 18:23:52 UTC 2023

On Friday, 19 May 2023 at 19:01:46 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> On Friday, 19 May 2023 at 18:37:05 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
>> If you have made a PR that is popular, the maintainers have no
>> power to stop it which will only lead to that D eventually
>> will be forked.
>
> I roflmaoed. Walter has literally been blocking changes and
> even __reverting commits__ based on personal preference,
> despite the majority of the community agreeing on the change.
> Important people left because of this in the past.

Good. As Coluche said, it's not because they are many to be wrong
that they are right.

I do not know if Walter was justified in each of these instance
specifically, but there needs to be someone guarding things
aligned with the vision, and it's never "the community" that does
that.

I'd be much more worried of any project where the leader does NOT
do this from time to time.