dub with nix (issue introduced by dub >= dub-v1.31.0)

Ralph Amissah ralph.amissah at gmail.com
Fri May 26 18:53:36 UTC 2023

Rikki, thanks for your response. Something is changed from v1.31.0 I
hope for a fix or workaround.

Unfortunately ``--cache=local`` did not solve the problem.

using ``--cache=local`` :

dub >= v1.31.0 build breaks (trying to build a subpackage, happens to
be dyaml i believe as the first sub-package it tries to build)
   > Error /homeless-shelter: Permission denied

dub <= v1.30.0 build is fine

So, more generally:

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 11:28 AM Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via
Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> The most likely change to result in this is:
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/2542
>
> This changed the location for the cache of builds, which is likely the
> problem you are facing.

- Something changed from v1.31.0 to affect building with nix (and that
may well be it).
- I hope for a fix or workaround (that allows me to continue to use
dub with nix).

- On IVY and the future direction of D, I like the sound of this, who
wouldn't it sounds like a great promise: "Our enthusiasm is high, and
we're ready to get going. I think you'll like where we're headed."
- On the other hand, I have been extremely content with what I have
been able to do with the D and nix ecosystems as they have been, so, I
am 100% with you provided I can continue to do what I have been doing.
- Otherwise, belatedly, please note my first MAJOR "Gripe and Wish";
if we find an elegant way around it, and no problem.