Dcompute OpenCL problem: invalidKernelName

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 14:41:59 UTC 2023

On Monday, 29 May 2023 at 10:31:12 UTC, unDEFER wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to make working OpenCL test example in dcompute
> ~master branch.
> All is good, but I get invalidKernelName error.
>
> [...]

That is very strange indeed. I suspect LLVM might be to blame
here, (e.g.
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/89cbc4cceb77cfb58419a117d06aa704afa7f6d1/gen/abi/x86.cpp#L65 for other cases where we need to force LLVM to do things properly) and we simply haven't taken that into account.

Could you try with an older version of LDC, one released against
a prior release of LLVM and see if you still get the same
behaviour?