Feedback from the Gripes and Wishes Campaign

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Mon May 29 16:36:20 UTC 2023

On 30/05/2023 3:47 AM, Paul Backus wrote:
> IMO the best way to make progress on stdv2 at this point is to create a
> dub package and start committing code. No need to wait for official
> approval.

Unfortunately there are two quite big things that are more than a year
away that it should be built from the ground up with.

- Shared library support
- Some other exception mechanism

If you start now, there will still be breaking changes to come, which
may not be worth somebodies time to do another evaluation & partial
rewrite for.

I'm super not looking forward to having to do this for my own stuff.
Just the recent fixes for some DIP1000 type stuff is going to be a pain
to go back and rewrite (although needed).

Just something to consider.