x86 intrinsics for sale cheap

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Wed May 31 16:43:13 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 31 May 2023 at 16:33:47 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:

> So quite a gulf there and I’m not solely trying to do the same
> thing. And it’s D first, and with zero overhead being a
> requirement.

On a different topic. I’d like to develop similar things for
AAarch64, but that’s an instruction set that’s new to me, so a
new learning curve. Do any of our members have ARM64 asm
experience and if so would they recommend tutorials for
experienced asm programmers, beyond what I can google for myself,
obviously, and the ARM official docs of course. And any tips on
starting out as some stuff looks weird, such as the usage of the
carry flag, and the bizarre x / w register width conventions.
(Aren’t we all ex-DEC on this ? :-) with b w l q (o? dq? ) )