core.stdc.stdatomic

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 15 06:32:02 UTC 2023

On 11/14/2023 7:49 PM, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> So it is timing based, you have set points which act as synchronization events
> and then everything after it must work exactly the same on each core. This is
> VERY HARD!

Everything I've read about writing correct synchronization says it's not about
timing, it's about sequencing.

For example,
https://www.amazon.com/C-Concurrency-Action-Anthony-Williams/dp/1617294691

or maybe you and I are just misunderstanding terms.

For example, fences. Fences enforce memory-ordering constraints, not timing.
Happens-before and synchronizes-with are sequencing, not timing.