Beerconf movement?

Doigt labog at outlook.com
Wed Nov 15 17:29:03 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 15 November 2023 at 13:20:28 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> For those unaware, beerconf is an online meetup of D people
> around the world for 48 hours on the last full weekend of the
> month, unless there is some significant conflict. See the
> latest announcement here:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/uoyqxnpyookhzoheepuz@forum.dlang.org
>
> It has been brought to my attention that some people wish to
> have it during different times of the month, due to
> end-of-month activities. So here is a poll for when people
> would prefer beerconf to happen:
>
> 1. First weekend of the month
> 2. Middle weekend
> 3. Keep it as the last weekend
> 4. Other?
>
> Please vote by replying to this top-level post. This will
> affect January beerconf. If the first weekend is picked, then I
> will have one beerconf in the middle to ensure we aren't doing
> consecutive weekends.
>
> -Steve

3. I prefer the current system we have; last weekend of the month
with sometimes moving the weekends around to remove conflicts
with Christmas/dconf

btw consider making an actual poll using something like strawpoll
or googleforms because small replies triggers the forums anti spam