D is our last hope

Martyn martyn.developer at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:17:57 UTC 2023

On Monday, 27 November 2023 at 16:11:34 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Monday, 27 November 2023 at 13:31:31 UTC, Martyn wrote:
>> Depending on what it is you are doing, alternatives could be
>> Go, Dart, Kotlin, or to some degree.... node.
> It's a quite asinine myth that you need to learn a new language
> for every program you write.

It was not my intention for my comment to come across this way.
Some languages are generally suited for certain things but not
others. I mean, I know there has been a comment from someone on
here saying that D is great for server-side/background programs
but **** for client/frontend.

Of course, there are languages that are doing well for most types
of areas- and C# is an example. As for the alternatives I
suggested, they are just that.. but if you already know or good
as C#, do you really need to change? Probably not.