ranting and raving about the need for data structures

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 18:00:45 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 10 October 2023 at 15:20:53 UTC, Commander Zot wrote:

> because even for a circular buffer a single solution is not
> enough.
> you have typed vs unpyped, known length for elements vs dynamic
> length, single/multi producer, single/multi consumer, threat
> safety, ...

The stated reason is allocators; I believe if the reasoning was
typed or void, static or dynamic, you could cover dozens of cases
with meta programming that the std likes to over do.

At which point you enumerate these and let people bodge it out,
and there would be *progress*, an end point.

Instead theres a dead end project I know of no one caring about
and no ones worked on in years, thats stated as a blocker. When I
see the work as api design and unit test writing.