What's the current status of WASM/WASI support?

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:13:05 UTC 2023

On Monday, 16 October 2023 at 04:11:19 UTC, redthing1 wrote:

> I was wondering actually, has anyone experimented with WASI +
> D? I am interested in looking into it.

You can run WASI preview1 functions in LDC.
https://gist.github.com/p0nce/fccc816e3e98f5001d0015c916aaba3e

WASI preview1 has the POSIX functions needed to implement a
"libc-like" layer on top.
Then the work begin of implementing C stdlib on top of WASI.

Either druntime has to provide that libc, either we need one
built over WASI.
Else custom alternatives of druntime will do this to run on WASM.