LDC PGO on Windows

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 17:13:04 UTC 2023

On Monday, 16 October 2023 at 17:00:41 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Does PGO work on Windows with LDC?
>
> If so, how do I use it? Been trying to follow the information
> available but get various errors related to linker or runtime
> errors.
>
> Is it supported on Windows?
>
> Thanks

With msvc I get
unresolved external symbol llvm_profile_instrument_target
referenced in function _D4hash7keynode9xtoHashFNbNeKxSQBfQBdZm
unresolved external symbol llvm_profile_runtime referenced in
function llvm_profile_runtime_user

And with link-internally I get
lld-link: error: undefined symbol: llvm_profile_runtime
lld-link: error: undefined symbol: llvm_profile_instrument_target