slint GUI, for RUST, C++, nodejs, dotnet. cloud add Dlang support

Martyn martyn.developer at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:05:42 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 14 October 2023 at 16:27:57 UTC, d007 wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 October 2023 at 15:43:44 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
> Andrew Cattermole wrote:
>>
>> It'll be worth looking at gtkd as they generate D bindings +
>> wrapper for gtk. Which appears to be pretty much what you're
>> trying to do.
>>
>> https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD
>
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> GtkD is great if only target for linux users.
>

> If you want to make some product for public,  you need to redo
> your logic form all other platfrom (macOS, windows, mobiles).

I experimented on a project with gtkD.
My tests -- they both looked exactly the same on Windows and
GNU/Linux.

Is what you refer to as a Gtk issue from past days?
Maybe there are some gotchas when doing cross platform. Something
I did not experience.

My project had:- a login page, and "main" page. Consisting on
text boxes, labels, buttons, etc.

Plus was using CSS to style it.

(Cannot comment on Mac, though - dont have one)