Just another example of missing string interpolation

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 20:01:45 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 19 October 2023 at 07:45:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/18/2023 6:42 PM, monkyyy wrote:
>> I would think its nonlinear and you could easily justify 90 ->
>> 95% being 2x the complexity cost
>
> For another example, the iphone camera pretty much destroyed
> the market for standalone cameras other than special purpose
> ones.

I didn't misunderstand you I disagree with your numbers and what
they implied you were thinking about the tradeoff space.

The difference between 90% and 95%, isn't *linear*, 0-1
probalitys are an s-curve, and 90% means it breaks 1 out of 10,
95% means it breaks 1 out of 20, 99% means it breaks 1 out of
100. etc.

Given a complexity increase of 2x going from 90% to 95% means on
the user's end they will get 1/2 the number of headaches, so I
would feel that's a good and realistic trade-off. By all means
don't chase 100%, but 95,97,99% different story.