String Interpolation Compare - DIP1027 and YAIDIP

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Oct 21 04:36:05 UTC 2023

> On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 03:48:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> The examples I used are copied verbatim from the YAIDIP. If they're all false,
>> please write a better proposal.
>
> Your interpretation is false, not the examples.
>
> They are examples of what's possible, not requirements.

Then, again, a far more thorough proposal is necessary. YAIDIP says nothing at
all about `{03}` formats. It gives no examples of them. `{ }` isn't even in the
grammar! I'm not making false statements about YAIDIP by saying it doesn't have
them, because it doesn't.

How it works needs to be clearly and completely written in the specification.