String Interpolation

Commander Zot no at no.no
Sat Oct 21 15:42:37 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 12:43:15 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 12:38:52 UTC, Commander Zot
> wrote:
>> can we please just have ```i"whatever ${var}"``` to return a
>> fully interpolated string
>
> No. Please discontinue this thread, we've been over this a
> million times, no point doing it again.

you are missing the point. if ```i""``` does behave differently
from just ```""``` this will lead to a huge number of people
being confused later. they should really both be strings, or i""
should not exist at all. if you want interpolated tuples don't
call it string interpolation and use t"" instead.
changing code from "" to i"" should not change it's behavior.