String Interpolation Compare - DIP1027 and YAIDIP

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 17:02:46 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 06:04:21 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I expect the grammar would be part of the proposal, not a use
> case.
>
> In any case, I don't see a point in discussing YAIDIP any
> further, and will await the real proposal.

I'm getting exhausted with this thread, as you seem not to pay
attention to anything I'm saying. So this set of replies will be
my last.

The YAIDIP discusses *completely* the grammar of the solution,
the requirements of the solution, and *THEN* goes into possible
use cases.

The C++-style stream manipulators *USE CASE* is not part of the
proposal at all. In no way, will phobos, or druntime, gain some
std.iformat module as a *REQUIREMENT* of this DIP.

Neither are the hypothetical format specifiers that I posted
earlier. They are *POSSIBLE* things you might do if given the
power that this DIP provides, not an integral part of the DIP.

-Steve