String Interpolation Compare - DIP1027 and YAIDIP

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 18:59:07 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 09:00:54 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Is there currently an implementation of 1027 that we can try?
Dunno if there is.

Still from DIP 1027 it is quite clear that you'd need to parse
format string somehow. Now this parsing logic could be extracted
and for example put in phobos, but then we'd stumble on another
cons for DIP 1027:

3. Requires extra handling code of interpolation strings in
phobos.

This Walter actually listed wrongly for YAIDIP, albeit for a
different functionality, so I'd guess extra code for
interpolation strings for DIP 1027 is also a no go, leaving us
with original cons I've mentioned.