DIP1027 - Easy String Interpolation implementation

Juraj zero at vec4.xyz
Mon Oct 23 08:34:58 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 22 October 2023 at 17:46:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> Yes, we've seen these before in the other threads, and I
> replied to them there.

Sorry for being repetitive, but as you made an implementation
only after the DIP was rejected, I figured it would be beneficial
to show some real examples.
I think they show in action one of the key reason why the DIP was
rejected.

The last reply I was able to find, regarding this issue, was
about logs not showing the correct file or number was a
'nothing-burger', I can not disagree more.

Anyway, all these silent bugs are not present in Adams
implementation.
They end up as errors, as they, IMHO should (implicit conversion
to a GC string being another option).