DIP1027 - Easy String Interpolation implementation

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 20:37:00 UTC 2023

On Monday, 23 October 2023 at 19:25:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Adam strongly criticized my review of YAIDIP because that was
> not how his implementation worked.

Not true. I criticized your review of YAIDIP because you were
wrong about what YAIDIP said.

I then implemented YAIDIP, exactly as written, to clear up
further misconceptions:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15714

This PR is *still* YAIDIP implemented, exactly as written.

Though YAIDIP has its own flaws, including ones fixed in DIP1036,
so I then adjusted the patch to fix those in a *separate* PR
(15715), which is a better proposal.

I'm no longer interested in YAIDIP, I consider it dead. Its flaws
are addressed in PR 15715 (a very minor modification to the
previous patch). But the document and PR are still there to be
examined anyway.

> I don't know how his implementation works, because there is no
> specification for it.

The newest one's implementation is crystal clear, fully
operational in a trivial patch to the compiler, along with
several usage examples.

You're just making excuses now.