D programming language popularity

Brayan Adams ideaagencybr.mtch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:25:47 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 11 November 2020 at 16:23:06 UTC, Jack wrote:
> On Saturday, 7 November 2020 at 03:23:06 UTC, frame wrote:
>> On Friday, 6 November 2020 at 04:48:42 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds like you have used VisualD incorrectly.
>>> It sounds to me like you did not use the D/VC++ project
>>> template, which is
>>> msbuild native, and works extremely well. Maybe you used the
>>> old project
>>> format from 5 years ago... I think that's still in there, but
>>> you shouldn't
>>> use it today.
>>> Look for the D/VC++ project wizard, and try your evaluation
>>> again.
>>
>> Yes, the integration is better with the D/VC++ template and
>> passing arguments work. However, dmdserver.exe is still
>> crashing by my code for example and default build action leads
>> to link errors while the outside "Compile and Debug" command
>> from the plugin menu works as expected.
>
> what's dmdserver.exe? is this visual studio's stuff?

dmdserver.exe is not a part of Visual Studio; it's related to the
D programming language and the DMD compiler, which is the
reference D compiler. D is a statically typed systems programming
language that draws inspiration from C and C++ and is designed to
be efficient and practical. more details
https://computools.com/how-software-development-solves-retail-industry-challenges/