gamut v2.3.0

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 10:00:20 UTC 2023

On Friday, 27 October 2023 at 06:00:27 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:

> Have you considered exposing mir-algorithm [ND
> `Slice`](http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org/mir_ndslice.html) /
> [Iterator](http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org/mir_ndslice_iterator.html) interface (optional, if mir-algorithm is installed, as I guess you prefer to avoid unnecessary dependencies)?

Hello,

No, and you can just create your own wrapper function if you want
to make an ND Slice in your code.

(I'm not sure if you're talking about optional DUB dependency but
if you use that, then your build will depend on existing DUB
state on the machine? that's impure).

Otherwise I'm not super interested in generic libraries since
your arrays often exist in a domain (they are tensors, images,
this or that data) so keeping it in domain-specific object is an
underrated solution in D that I'd like to promote. There are
other problems with genericity and I think we're completely
missing the point by not encouraging runtime-dispatch instead.