String Interpolation

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 14:35:36 UTC 2023

On Friday, 27 October 2023 at 13:00:37 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 10/26/23 19:38, Imperatorn wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sympathetic to not putting that functionality in the
>>> compiler.
>>
>> And the users are not. That's all I'm saying.
>
> I think it's a bit offensive to say people who do not agree
> with you are not users of the language.

What has agreeing to do with any of this? It's just facts. Usage
= you use it. If you don't use it, then you won't have a problem
with it.

You just want to use the breaks in your car, you don't want to be
unable to break just because some engineer thought it would be a
good idea to add a captcha or solve a little puzzle before you
can break.

That basically what the current implementation does. It forces
the user to do something they are not used to having to do in any
of the other 25+ languages they used before.

As I wrote before, it breaks the interface that is already
established. Of course you can break it, but then you can't also
be surprised if users complain.