String Interpolation

djent djent at example.com
Fri Oct 27 19:18:08 UTC 2023

Much like the entrepreneur, the language designer is tasked with
the difficult job of predicting what users would want in contrast
with what they currently have and expect. This is how innovation
materializes.

After giving Adam's implementation a spin, I'm convinced this is
the proper way to move forward despite not having conceived it as
a possibility beforehand. It's powerful, exploiting D's superior
metaprogramming and DBI capabilities, but doesn't stray too far
from the current situation found in many languages in that one
can just use `text` or something similar if a plain string is
required.

I anticipate the worst solution will win out given Walter's
disposition, but I nonetheless hope for the best.