Video game engines with Dlang.

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 16:33:45 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 29 October 2023 at 05:06:55 UTC, Shuba wrote:
> I've been searching the internet looking for game engines that
> I can use Dlang to program, but they are always the same ones;
> say Dagon, Raylib, Derelict and even BindBC. But I wanted to
> ask you if you could mention any other game engine that uses D
> for programming that I might not know, it would help me a lot
> (I guess).
>
> Incidentally, could someone explain to me what exactly this
> does:
>
>     "public final pure nothrow @property @safe @safe @nogc ref
> File file file() {
>             return _file;
>     }"
>
> It's code from a dub package (specifically one called
> "terminal"), but I don't understand why all that.

HipremeEngine by now brings the same usability from Love2D, right
now I'm working with more game development inside it for better
improve both its performance, consistency and battle test it. If
you do want to try, feel free to message me at D discord.

Right now, it is your best choice in D for cross platform dev. I
don't know about godot-d and how it behaves when you need to ship
to other platforms.

I wanted to started also a development blog since I am unable to
post on medium but I didn't want to do posts on hidden websites.
Any recommendation on well known programmers stuff which I can
post with markdown, I'm going for it.