Future of D

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 18:38:59 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 29 October 2023 at 18:20:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/29/2023 5:54 AM, Imperatorn wrote:
>> However, we are becoming unsure if D is really an option for
>> us given the response we got trying to making almost the
>> smallest change imaginable to phobos (changing a single word).
>
> What is that change?

Nevermind, it was just exposing the TaskStatus enum. But it
turned out that the property taskStatus that contained the value
for it was not supposed to be exposed either, and the
AbstractTask was just a "temporary" fix back in 2011, and also
taskStatus was being accessed by alias this.

A bug report has been created for it by schveiguy since I can't
access bugzilla because of an intermittent DNS problem.

Next step is to provide a safe way to get the task status after
the pr has been merged.