String Interpolation

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Oct 30 12:54:05 UTC 2023

On Monday, 30 October 2023 at 11:47:23 UTC, Patrick Schluter
wrote:
> On Friday, 27 October 2023 at 14:19:01 UTC, Hors wrote:
>> On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 12:43:15 UTC, Adam D Ruppe
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> No. Please discontinue this thread, we've been over this a
>>> million times, no point doing it again.
>>
>> It's funny to see people defending interpolated strings
>> shouldn't be string
>
> It's funny to see people thinking interpolated strings are
> strings when they are in fact program code.

I'm not sure if you are joking. Most people here understand that
there is boilerplate code under interpolated strings. What many
didn't like was the clumsy syntax in order to create a string
from an interpolated string.

Nor having any form of implicit conversions in the language is a
limitation.