D programming language popularity

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 30 13:08:45 UTC 2023

On Monday, 30 October 2023 at 12:50:20 UTC, James78 wrote:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/ehixpxrpwktbvueeiepc@forum.dlang.org
>
> On Monday, 2 November 2020 at 22:40:05 UTC, bioinfornatics
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 1 November 2020 at 21:15:25 UTC, J. V. wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> For me the language should focus on scientific library such as
>> do
>> - python with numpy, scipy, scikit-learn and so on
>> Indeed data to analyze becomes bigger and bigger years after
>> years. Python can not anymore handle such big data.
>>
>> Moreover, lots of numerical companies depends of such
>> solutions, economy, marketing, science. To me the market is
>> here
>
> I can also recommend
> https://gloriumtech.com/how-to-speed-up-software-development-for-startups/

Python is not handling big data itself. It is using other
languages underneath.
C++ (Arrow), Java (Hadoop) or Scala (Spark). Engines written in
performant languages, and then the access to the logic organized
through bindings or usually python interface is first-class
citizen in those projects.

Regarding scientific libraries - Chapel and Julia precisely
targeting this area.