Future of D

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Oct 31 19:08:29 UTC 2023

On 01/11/2023 7:23 AM, Paul Backus wrote:
> Thanks for explaining. If leadership is failing to prioritize
> release-blocking issues over other tasks, even when their urgency is
> clearly communicated, that is certainly cause for concern.

In this particular case for std.uni, it was the potential for there to
be one at some unknown point in the future. It was just a giant time
bomb waiting to go off.

And you know what? If that table generator had been deleted completely,
it could have taken us months to reproduce from scratch. Imagine how
people would react if we couldn't release dmd for that length of time,
due to something so "unimportant" to a lot of people.