Why is run.dlang.io not up-to-date?

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Mon Sep 4 14:54:54 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 22 August 2023 at 15:25:05 UTC, Quirin Schroll wrote:
> I noticed for quite a while that the (DMD) compilers on
> [run.dlang.io](https://run.dlang.io/) usually aren’t the latest
> compiler version, neither what’s listed as “dmd”, nor
> “dmd-beta”, nor “dmd-nightly”; especially the latter ones are
> really surprising.
>
> Is there a good reason or is run.dlang.io just maintained with
> low-priority? As far as I know, compiler versions follow a
> fixed schedule, so updating to the latest main-line version
> when it comes out could be completely automatic. Nightly could
> (should?) be updated with every merged PR. I have no idea about
> dmd-beta, though.
>
> Also, having read [*LiveView feels faster with a delayed
> indicator*](https://fly.io/phoenix-files/make-your-liveview-feel-faster/), I’d suggest not showing the “progress bar” (which isn’t a display of progress in any shape or form) only after a little while.

fixed, issue was the CI script on
https://github.com/dlang-tour/core-exec testing for exact output
in its test cases, but for vibe.d there was a deprecation
introduced by the compiler update, which caused it to no longer
work.

Fixing the CI seems to have fixed everything else automatically
and run.dlang.org is now up-to-date again.