importC to bindings via -Hf=your.di intermediate ?

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 00:53:40 UTC 2023

I'm trying to use importC to help automate .di and targeted
library production (for the Nvidia libs that dcompute taps into).

As you'll note if you try this yourself, the -Hf output of an
importC run looks pretty interesting but has some, obvious,
systemic problems.  For example:

   typedef SomeOpaqueStructYoureNotSupposedToSeeInside *HandleT;
becomes
   alias HandleT = struct
SomeOpaqueStructYoureNotSupposedToSeeInside*;

I wondered if others have experience generating bindings with
importC and suggestions they'd care to share.

I will note that I've had some luck using importC directly, with
a little fiddling, but it looks like it could also be a
supported/robust 99%+ binding generator going forward with some
work.