Frameworks and libraries

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:40:38 UTC 2023

On Friday, 15 September 2023 at 16:09:44 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 15 September 2023 at 14:50:27 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
>> d as is, is gc'ed to hell and back
>
> That's why I use it.
>
>> nogc is a bandaid to advertise its something its not.
>
> [This is what the spec
> says](https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#nogc-functions). I
> don't see anything wrong with it. It restricts what you can do
> inside a function and that's what it's supposed to do.

a language includes its std and there's no alternative for std:
string, algorithm, range to be nogc'ed with a nice easy-to-grab
data structure. A betterc project is just going to be segmented
from the rest of d and be a very different project.

If d were to start adding data structures to the std and 1 or 2
of them happened to work ok with betterc; maybe my answer would
change. But I really really do mean that d has one data structure
of note, the built-in dynamic array, and adding more is obviously
not a priority(despite that being insane).