A signed 1-bit type?

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 03:51:09 UTC 2023

On Friday, 22 September 2023 at 02:54:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2023 12:55:42 AM MDT monkyyy via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:

>> > Yup. Changing that would break an unknown amount of code.
>>
>> Correctness really should come first; it wont be nearly as big
>> as a breaking change as safe by default and we all know how
>> good an idea that is.
>
> And what would do you expect a 1-bit boolean type would buy us?

Nothing, it was a joke.

Hi, its-a me monkyyy, if you are unfamiliar with my work here is
a primer
https://run.dlang.io/gist/c3ff7c75fff9064072f99b6150445564?args=-unittest%20-main%20-mixin%3Dmix

My opinions on how to improve type safety are best summarized by
this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX-Cmi1MkPc